Please Support this Blog by visiting Advertiser Sites...

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Do you have a Rental Property?


Do a Criminal Background check EVERY time. As a landlord or property manager, we know that a credit and employment check kept the bad renters and bounced checks away, but we often forgo the criminal background check. Let me tell you that I now know a reliable criminal screening can save you a world of trouble later on.

Luckily no one was injured or killed in this particular situation. And most of the neighbors had no idea an incident even occurred. The tenant moved on and we, with their security deposit in hand, are starting the repairs.

I'm in awe at the damage! Nine bullets left over 20 holes and tears in the windows, walls, doors, trim, curtains, blinds, mirrors, ceiling, light fixtures...

The police investigating the shooting were quick to tell me that this was drug related and that the victim had a criminal drug history. We won't make that mistake again.

Here are a few great online services if you too are a landlord,

1. www.tenantverification.com
2. www.intelius.com
3. www.e-renter.com

I've used Intelius in the past but now that were going to do the criminal check I've switched to E-Renter. Why? They offer a very comprehensive package. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Bombchell said...

OMG that's crazy. I don't rent property but my aunt does. I've heard of intelius before, but um instead this lady used it to screen potential boyfriends.

Unknown said...

I also use E-Renter. Great company. No complaints. Their top package ($34.95) is the most comprehensive and best value in my opinion.

Good luck,
William Shields

I blog about...