Please Support this Blog by visiting Advertiser Sites...

Monday, June 9, 2008

Diaper Cakes are FUN!


Diaper Cakes by Angie, originally uploaded by GibbyClan.

I'm becoming really good at the baby shower diaper cake. This is the last one I made for my sister. She was invited to a baby shower for a co-worker. They're really easy.

Get a jumbo bag of baby diapers. I've raised two babies, a girl and a boy, and I recommend Huggies for newborns. Huggies just fit those tiny little bottoms better. Later on, I switched to pampers for my daughter. Two rolls of ribbon - pink, blue, yellow - whatever you like. I usually get the most compliments on the cake when I use a pink-and-brown or blue-and-brown combo.

The best part is that you can control how much you want to spend by the extras you add. I've created a small diaper cake (like the one pictured here) for $40 or spent as much as $150 by adding designer booties, rattles, bibs, onesies and a gift card attached to the top.


No comments:

I blog about...