Please Support this Blog by visiting Advertiser Sites...

Thursday, August 14, 2008

National Pay it Forward Friday?

Remember this? In 2000’s Pay It Forward, with little Haley Joel Osment, individuals performed spontaneous acts of good-will for complete strangers - with no expectation of return or thanks: just the request that they “pay it forward.”

Yesterday I approached the GA-400 tollbooth for the hundredth-millionth time but this particular day was different. As the window went down I was told by the cashier,

"Go ahead. The car ahead of you paid your toll too."

I love the notion of making a difference, affecting people, spreading good will... so the Pay It Forward movement made an impression on me and memories flooded back. Good memories.

Life is short and the days are long so start paying it forward now... I'm declaring tomorrow is Pay if Forward Friday!

(YES... of course! I paid the toll for the car behind me too.)

1 comment:

Bcat said...

I had no idea but I'll play...I mean pay (it forward).

I blog about...