Please Support this Blog by visiting Advertiser Sites...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Went Car Shopping Today

It wasn't by my doing. Jay decided he'd buy me a Mercedes for my birthday this Thursday. (Yes, there is still time to get me a gift :D ) I caught wind of the plot and high tailed it to the car lot before the deal was sealed.

No, a Mercedes is not exactly the car for me. After I was ridiculed by my friends for foiling the plot, I switched off my phone and started browsing the CarMax lot.

Yes, I know. I've been car shopping for over a year now. What of it? This is a ten year commitment between the car and I.

I purchased the little green VW Jetta I have now for $12k in May of 1999. She was two years old - one owner - with 33,000 miles. What a great car! Almost ten years and 190,000 miles later I reluctantly admit it might be time to add another car to the fleet BUT I will never sell the Jetta.

So today I'm thinking a Chrysler Pacifica is my choice. I set up a CarMax notification to email me if a silver, black or white Pacifica with leather, DVD player, GPS Navigation, video camera, sun roof, third row... pop up on a Car Max lot anywhere in the southeast US.

Fingers are crossed. Wish me luck. It's time to commit. Anyone have any advice?

No comments:

I blog about...